Aging is inevitable, but society often makes us feel like it’s something we should be fighting. The truth is, the more we struggle with it, the harder it is to put it all in perspective.
Here at LaFlore®, when we talk about a non-toxic approach, we’re talking about two things: non-toxic ingredients and habits to keep our skin naturally radiant, but also non-toxic habits to keep ourselves healthy. Taking good care of ourselves is the surest way to feel beautiful. It’s also the surest way to assist our skin to look it’s best at any age. So in that spirit, we’ve devised a plan for a non-toxic approach to caring for aging skin:
- Clean Living. Taking care of our health is paramount when it comes to looking our best. Drink plenty of water, eat wholesome, nutritious foods, stay away from cigarette smoke, and either refrain entirely or drink in moderation. Often, good habits show up on our faces more than we realize.
- Protect Your Skin From the Elements. Environmental pollutants and UV rays are super harmful to our skin. The grit and grime of day to day chemicals and pollutants that settle on our face can clog our pores, causing dullness and breakouts. Free-radicals settle there carried on contaminants as well, wreaking havoc on the balance of bacteria that live naturally on our skin and aid in its health. UV rays expose us to the risk of skin cancer, and speed progression of wrinkling and sagging skin.
- Get a good night’s sleep. The term “beauty sleep” has stuck around for centuries for a good reason. We need an uninterrupted, quality night’s sleep to rejuvenate ourselves physically and give mentally.
- Take quality down-time. The physiological effects of stress show themselves on our faces sooner or later. Be sure to take some time to quiet your mind. Sit mindfully in a peaceful setting, get a massage or a facial, or read a good book. Both you and your face will be happier for it.
- Establish a skin care routine early on. Establishing a morning and evening ritual that fits your specific skin care needs is an indispensable tool in the establishment of healthy skin and a healthy mind. Tending to your skincare needs can double as quality time for your self to slow down and practice some mindful pampering.
- Choose your routine and products carefully. At LaFlore®, we believe in moderation in all things, which includes tampering too much with your skin’s natural balance. Our line of Live Probiotic Skincare is designed to intuitively correct problems of dryness, oiliness, and sensitivity to give you well-rounded customized skincare.
So what does this routine look like, and what products do we recommend?
The first step is to pay attention to your skin and use common sense when it comes to your skincare ritual.
Avoid over-stripping your skin of its natural oils and supportive bacteria by cleansing once a day in the evening using our Live Probiotic Cleanser. Cleansing at the end of the day is important to remove impurities accumulated throughout the day. Sweat, dirt, pollutants, excess oils- all of these can collect on the skin’s surface and in the pores, contributing to dull, suffocated, damaged skin. If you have particularly oily skin, cleansing twice a day may be necessary. Take your time and again, use common sense to determine if this is what your skin really needs.
No matter the skin type, keep skin protected by applying a serum rich in antioxidant properties after cleansing and in the morning. We recommend LaFlore® Live Probiotic Serum Concentrate to fortify your skin with nourishing vitamins A and C, as well as active probiotics. During the harsh cold weather seasons, we recommend keeping a tube of serum with you in your bag or pocket, don’t be shy about reapplying regularly throughout the day. This helps keep your skin continuously protected from pollutants, UV rays, and seasonal dryness.
Moisturizing is the proverbial icing on the cake when it comes to finishing off our wholistic, non-toxic skin care ritual. Our moisturizer is an aloe-based probiotic moisturizer. It’s lightweight but effective moisturizing while protecting skin with prebiotic-dense antioxidants. If you’re prone to dry skin, it absorbs thoroughly to calm redness and irritation and gives skin a naturally radiant glow. Moisturizing should be part of your morning and evening skincare ritual.